Monday, August 31, 2009

Doug Snags First Trophy of the Season Before Trophy Snags First Doug



In the summer months, rattlesnakes often reverse the natural pecking order, forcing the hunters to become the hunted. One wrong step in the tall stuff, and its two sharp fangs to the shin. On August 20, Doug L. almost found out the hard way.

At about 10 p.m., Doug was heading back to the trailer from the barn. Just as he's about to hit the steps to the patio, he hears a rattle. Curled just one yard away from the deck was a 3 1/2-foot-long rattlesnake. As Doug explains, "I was one stride away from getting tagged when I heard him rattle." As the snake put it, "I was one stride away from getting dinner when I accidently rattled with excitement."

Doug got away before having to make his second trip to the Graham emergency room. Instead, he got himself the first trophy of the season. Doug's words of wisdom from the traumatic experience: "Makes you think twice about wearing flip flops out there."

1 comment:

MG said...

excellent reporting once again